Monday, August 27, 2007

Apologies

Ok i know all you people that love to read my blog and then send me hate mail will have a field day with this one....

As for Mr. Vick's speech, I genuinely think he felt bad. Bad for dog-fighting or gambling?? No,but I think he has realized the magnitude of his status as a player in the NFL. It was a great speech and I do not think anyone else told him the exact words to say or that it was memorized. After hearing the speech I think he can go on and play for another team if the NFL allows him. In Atlanta people are bombarded with this story on an almost hourly basis. In other cities while its a national story its usually no more than a few minute blurb on CNN or the local news not nearly the ATL saga and drama. That having been said 2-3 years down the road it will all be less of a story and a team on the other side of the country would be more than happy to take him and much more forgiving than those in Atlanta.

My only criticism on the speech was the 'Jesus path'. Now I am not seeing that he has not genuinely turned to God. But to come out with that the 1st time you speak publicly the day you plead guilty is just so cliche to me. I was at the gym and I almost fell off the thread mill when I heard that part. Save that true or not for the future talk-show circuit. Hold out for Opera!!

Not sure if anyone caught the ESPN discussion before his speech on race. Very enlightening. I still say this Vick situation is not about dogs or race. If a no name player on the same team say Roddy White or any other team of the same race was in the same situation it would not be as big a story. This story is so big because he was Atlanta, he was the Falcons and he was the NFL. That and that alone to me is why the story is so huge. Do you honestly thin if Peyton Manning was indicted for the same thing it wouldn't be such a mega-story??? Its not race its stupidity and arrogance.

if in the beginning he had come clean and admitted to it the story would not be on the level it is today. Martha Stewart same thing. If she had not gave the Feds 2 fingers to the sky she would not have gone to prison. Same story. When the feds come just apologize and don't tell them to kiss your ass especially if you know you did it.

By the way who the hell is Leonard Little and who did he kill??????

I am off to the Pre-season game tonight for the Falcons and one of my favs Ocho-cinco. It will be interesting to see if PETA is still protesting outside:)

Kisses,
AA

9 comments:

DJKB said...

I can't see any of your fans sending you hate mail for this blog. It was well said. Even if someone did not agree with you, I saw no anger or playing favorites in what you said. As far as Little he is one of the top defensive ends in the league. He killed a woman in a car accident. He was drinking and only got a few months jail time and community service.
Did you decide not to have your win a date contest? I am still waiting on that:).

Anonymous said...

If you eat meat, you don't love animals. You are a hipp-o-crite. Pita needs to look at how chickens, hogs, and cows, horses, greyhounds are slaugtered daily. Its legal, though, ooohhh how covenient. This case is about a bunch of unhappy people that love to feel good about themselves at the expense of judging others. This is not about truth and justice for dogs. All animals are the same. What if KFC served Lassie and Arnold from Green Acres, would you still eat it. For everyone that really love animal, take a real stand and not eat any meat. Excuse my rant, while I eat this Chicken, LOL.

ant20 said...

I don't know why people should hate on you for saying what you feel, but I agree with you on the Vick issues. As for Leanard Little, he is the Defensive End for the Rams. He killed this woman in 1999 by drunk driving. I don't think the league even suspended as a matter of fact they even let him play in the Super Bowl that year. To me what he did was far worse than Vick.

Anonymous said...

Finally you have given a fair point of view on the Vick situation. I agree he should have come out early and save himself some embarrassment. I don't agree with you on the Jesus comment. Jesus died on the cross so our sins can be forgiven, can you really say with certainty that Vick hasn't turned to Jesus for his strength. No matter what a person may have done in their life it's never to late to turn to Jesus. That's the beauty of our Almighty God he loves us through mercy not because he has too. I don't think Vick will ever be a starter in the NFL again, after coming back from whatever punishment he is given, I don't think he will ever be the same. Good Luck to Mike, I wish him well and may Jesus be the light in his recovery.

Unknown said...

"I found Jesus." Then he continued on with his apology not mentioning anything else about God or Jesus. I found it a bit disingenuous but I can't judge the man because I would hate it if I were in his position and no one believed me. It was just the way the line was abruptly thrown in there, and succinct. I think the real issue I had with this polarizing issue is how some white people on talk radio shows seized upon Vick's situation to furnish the most vitriolic comments towards Vick I have heard, recently, about an black athlete. One caller said, and I'm paraphrasing, that Vick should be thrown into a ring without any underwear and subsequently 7 pitbulls released into the ring and whichever pitbull comes out with his genitals is the winner! I was shocked! This was on a nationally syndicated radio show. That is just an example of what is being said towards Vick on radio shows. Simply, if this was Peyton Manning, remarks such as those above would not have been said. They might have even tried to justify it for Manning, calling it, he's just being a man or something of that nature. Manning would have been vilified within the television news media but not with the majority of americans, especially white and never to the extent that Vick has, and that is simply because Vick is Black. Vick was wrong and stupid to get himself involved with something of this nature reference his stature but he, as a human being, does not deserve the hateful remarks that has been slung towards him. Oh yeah, F*CK PETA!!! THEY CAN KISS MY BLACK ASHY @SS WHILE I'M EATING SOME POPEYES WEARING A FUR COAT, GATOR SHOES, AND A GATOR BELT!!! =D

Fred Bryant said...

Hey Ayana, I think that his apology was also deep and heart felt. I think he was right on time in saying that he will have some time to think about his actions. I understand what you said about the Jesus part, but lets just give him the benefit of the doubt. His actions, will let you know if that is the case or not. We are all sinners so I wish the brother all the hope thats available that he indeed has found Jesus. I do think that this case is a little big compared to other things that people have done, but as you said its because its a high profile player and they want to make a statement. It also doesnt help that he is black and a quarterback in the NFL.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people give Vick credit for his speech, how he didn't have someone else write it for him and he didn't read it off a piece of paper. His apology wasn't different than any other, all he said was "I need to grow up". I know those are his boys and everything, but Vick is a big boy, he can choose who he hangs around with. It's just stupid how people are willing to lose everything just because they feel they owe their friends something, no matter how bad and illegal something might be. I know I'm in the minority, but I think the dirty birds will do good without Vick.

Anonymous said...

When the Feds come calling..just tell them to talk to your lawyer. That's what Martha should have done. And..you still have the right to say nothing to the Feds or any other law enforcement types. It's called the Fifth Amendment. We still got it on this country.

DJ Black Adam said...

I agree, it doesn't look like Vick was truly apologetic, aside from sorry that he got caught.